Gloria Steinem Biography and Wiki
Gloria Steinem is a famous American feminist social-political activist and journalist. She is best known for being a spokeswoman and leader for the American feminist movement from the late 1960s through to the early 1970s.
Gloria Steinem Age | How Old Is Gloria Steinem?
Steinem is 88 years old as of 2022, She was born on March 25, 1934, in the USA.
Gloria Steinem Birthday
Steinem celebrates her birthday on the 25th of March every year.
Gloria Steinem Height and Weight
Steinem stands at an average height of 5 feet 7 inches with a moderate weight.
Gloria Steinem Family
Steinem was born and brought up in the USA by her loving parents, Leo Steinem, and Ruth Nuneviller. However, she has not disclosed any further information on her family or her siblings.
Gloria Steinem Education
Steinem earned her bachelor of arts degree from Smith College.
Gloria Steinem Husband | Is Gloria Steinem Married?
Steinem was married to her late loving husband, David Bale. In their marriage, Steinem and her husband have been blessed with one wonderful child.
Gloria Steinem Net Worth | How Rich Is Gloria Steinem?
Steinem has an estimated net worth of $3 million as of 2022, from her successful career. Gloria’s primary source of income is her career as a Journalist. Through her various sources of income, Steinem has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Gloria Steinem Body Measurements
- Full Names: Gloria Marie Steinem
- Age: 88 years old
- Birthday: March 25
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches
- Husband: David Bale
- Net Worth: $3 million
Gloria Steinem Career Wikipedia
Steinem was a co-founder of Ms. magazine and a columnist for New York magazine. Following the publication of her article “After Black Power, Women’s Liberation” in 1969, Steinem rose to national prominence as a feminist leader. She co-founded the National Women’s Political Caucus in 1971, which offers training and support to women seeking elected and appointed government positions. She also co-founded the Women’s Action Alliance in 1971, which worked to develop a network of feminist activists and advance feminist ideas and laws until 1997.
She co-founded the National Women’s Political Caucus in 1971, which offers training and support to women seeking elected and appointed government positions. She also co-founded the Women’s Action Alliance in 1971, which worked to develop a network of feminist activists and advance feminist ideas and laws until 1997. In the 1990s, Steinem was a driving force behind the creation of Take Our Daughters to Work Day, a day for young girls to learn about future job options.
Gloria Steinem Books
Here are some of Gloria Steinem’s published books:
- The Thousand Indias (1957)
- The Beach Book (1963), New York: Viking Press.
- Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions (1983), New York: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston.
- Marilyn: Norma Jean (1986), with George Barris, New York: Holt.
- Revolution from Within (1992), Boston: Little, Brown.
- Moving beyond Words (1993), New York: Simon & Schuster.
- Doing Sixty & Seventy (2006), San Francisco: Elders Academy Press.
- As if Women Matter: The Essential Gloria Steinem Reader (2014), co-written with Ruchira Gupta
- My Life on the Road (2015), New York: Random House.
- The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off! (2015), Illustrated by Samantha Dion Baker. New York: Random House.
- The Time Factor essay by Gloria Steinem.
Gloria Steinem Young
Here is a photo of Young Gloria Steinem: